Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Kavorgh, Orc Warboss (13 of 242)



A grisly boss monster for low-level parties, Kavorgh appears to have several humanoid hands attached to his shield.  I like the gray orcs of D&D's third edition, and have generally chosen to paint up orcs I know will end up in D&D that way.  I have about six or seven old Chainmail miniatures from the orc warband of that game, and they could use a chieftan, rather than just a druid (which is what the Chainmail line had).

One of things I'm trying to do is get away from a lot of the "speed painting" techniques I used in the past (basecoat, ink or wood varnish, and done) and get back into highlighting and shading as a painting technique.  This guy has some highlighting, and I think it worked pretty well.

Comments always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment